Effective Date: April 22, 2016
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply: "Host Analytics, Inc." will refer to its application service as described here ( http://www.hostanalytics.com). "Personal information" means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by Host Analytics, Inc. or its agents to identify an individual. Personal information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public personal information. "Sensitive personal information" means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or that concerns health or sex life. In addition, Host Analytics, Inc. will treat as sensitive personal information any information received from a third party where that third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (the "Safe Harbor Principles") to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from the EU to the United States. The EEA also has recognized the U.S. Safe Harbor as providing adequate data protection (OJ L 45, 15.2.2001, p. 47). Consistent with its commitment to protect personal privacy, Host Analytics, Inc. adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles.
In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. The TRUSTe certification covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website www.hostanalytics.com and our application service. The use of personal information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Host Analytics, Inc.
This Policy applies to www.hostanalytics.com and our cloud application run as Software as a Service (SaaS) owned and operated by Host Analytics, Inc. This Policy describes how Host Analytics, Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information.
Adherence to European Union Safe Harbor Privacy Principles While we understand the US and EU governments are in the process of defining a new set of framework agreements for the transfer of data, Host Analytics, Inc. still complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Host Analytics, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Host Analytics, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Personal Information Collection and Use
When using our site or registering for our services, you may provide us with contact information or account registration information which includes but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, and company name. The information you provide will be used by us to administer your account, send you marketing emails, respond to your questions, and fulfill your business requests while using our services. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
Updating or Removing User Information
You may, at any time, choose to correct or update the information you have submitted to Host Analytics, Inc., by updating your account on our website ( http://www.hostanalytics.com) or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.
If you cancel your account, your personal information and other information may be retained in our archive or backup records.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us using the contact information found at the bottom of this policy.
Information Collected on Behalf of our Clients
Host Analytics, Inc. collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes. If you are a customer or employee of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information should direct his query to the Host Analytics, Inc.’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove information we will respond within thirty (30) days.
Law Enforcement; Subpoenas
Host Analytics, Inc. may disclose personal information, including the information you submit to the application service, with or without notice (a) if required by a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process or other judicial or administrative order, (b) where required by law, or (c) at our sole discretion, where we deem it necessary to protect the safety of any individual or the general public or to prevent violation of our agreements or the rights of Host Analytics, Inc. or any third party.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Host Analytics, Inc. And its Affiliates
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change in ownership, or a direct merger or acquisition with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of Host Analytics, Inc. User information, including personal information, to a separate entity. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you (by posting on our website or an email to the email address you provide when you register) of any change in ownership, merger or acquisition of Host Analytics, Inc. assets by a third party, and you may choose to modify any of their registration information at that time.
Host Analytics, Inc. uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store the personal information collected by Host Analytics, Inc. in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, Host Analytics, Inc. cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from obtaining this information.
The privacy principles in this Policy are based on the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
1. NOTICE: Where Host Analytics, Inc. collects personal information directly from individuals in the EEA, it will inform them about the purposes for which it collects and uses personal information about them, the types of non-agent third parties to which Host Analytics, Inc. discloses that information, and the choices and means, if any, Host Analytics, Inc. offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide personal information to Host Analytics, Inc., or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Host Analytics, Inc. uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
2. CHOICE: Where Host Analytics, Inc. collects personal information directly from individuals in the EEA, Host Analytics, Inc. will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their personal information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. For sensitive personal information, Host Analytics, Inc. will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-agent third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Host Analytics, Inc. will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices.
3. ONWARD TRANSFERS TO AGENTS: Host Analytics, Inc. will obtain assurances from its agents that they will safeguard personal information consistent with this Policy. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by agents include: a contract obligating the agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, being subject to EU Directive 95/46/EC (the EU Data Protection Directive), Safe Harbor certification by the agent, or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding. Where Host Analytics, Inc. has knowledge that an agent is using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this Policy, Host Analytics, Inc. will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
4. SECURITY: Host Analytics, Inc. will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
5. DATA INTEGRITY: Host Analytics, Inc. will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Host Analytics, Inc. will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
6. ACCESS: Upon request, Host Analytics, Inc. will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition, Host Analytics, Inc. will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
7. ENFORCEMENT: Host Analytics, Inc. will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy. Any employee that Host Analytics, Inc. determines is in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to Host Analytics, Inc. at the address given below. Host Analytics, Inc. will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
Host Analytics, Inc. Safe Harbor 101 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 101 Redwood City, CA 94065
Or via email at Safeharbor@hostanalytics.com
Host Analytics Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Host Analytics, Inc., please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
This Policy may be amended from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. Appropriate public notice will be given concerning material amendments or changes to this Policy. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.